Effective Investigation and Safety for Urban Tunneling in Capital Cities in Asia
With the Asian market slated to represent nearly 60% of global infrastructure spending by 2025, underground infrastructure for transportation, utilities and for commercial/mixed use purposes has become a priority in a fast urbanizing Asia.
With ever increasing focus on urban tunnel projects, robust tunnel design and construction continues to challenge the project owners, EPC contractors, and other stakeholders involved in cost effective tunnel projects.
The 6th annual Tunnel Design and Construction Asia 2015 conference will feature experts from regional tunnel projects to share the best practices in cost effective engineering and construction of urban underground projects.
How is the 6th Annual Tunnel Design and Construction Asia 2015 different?
The 2015 Program will leverage on
- Urban Tunnelling Projects with special focus on Transportation and Water where project owners will discuss master plans and tunnel infrastructure needs.
- Latest Technologies in Tunnelling- Ground Radar Technology and Plasma Blasting
- South-east Asia’s first commercial underground rock cavern
- Focus sessions on geotechnical investigation + engineering design +construction of upcoming major projects
- Case studies on on-going tunnel projects around the region, and the recent failures in Hong Kong and Kuala Lumpur
- A site visit to leading tunnel project in Singapore
- Hot Debate: Roles of Owners, Designers and Contractors: How to achieve project excellence and minimize delay and cost?
- Round Table Discussion: Seamless large Tunnel Project Delivery: Leveraging on three key areas of constraints: Safety, Methodology and Labour
Never run before workshops on:
- Effective use of monitoring systems for mitigating risks when tunnelling in the urban environment
- Ground Improvements Techniques: Water Freezing and Grouting for urban tunnelling
Key Benefits of Attending Tunnel Design & Construction Asia 2015:
- Understand Best Practices in Procurement for cost effective design and construction of urban tunnel projects in Asia
- Understand the impact of urban tunnels on existing structures: Evaluating Potential Damage and Protecting Existing Structures
- Follow the regional metro rail tunnel and expansion through closer networking with the asset owners for design/tendering opportunities
- Understand the new solutions for cost effective geotechnical design in urban tunnelling conditions
- Get latest update in ground treatment techniques for cost efficient project execution
- Improve project and risk management perspectives through case studies from underground station construction
“A good opportunity to hear about the latest trends in bridge engineering in the region and to network with the local players.”Andrew Yeoward, Director – Bridge Engineering, HALCROW, UK
“Highly informative. Great place to discover and explore different projects around the world and expand social networking.”F C Cheng, Executive Engineer, T Y LIN INTERNATIONAL
"An excellent opportunity to meet the representatives from the regional tunnelling industry. I liked the range of topics – from technical to case studies. Very interesting content. Great networking opportunity."Shannon Goff, Senior Staff Engineer, JACOBS ASSOCIATES
"Very well organised. We received full support from the organisers in meeting our clients."Pedro Quiros, Marketing Manager, ZITRON SA